Friday, February 6, 2015

No Guarantee of Quality Intended

For several years, I have been attempting to turn a few family recipes into marketable products. I researched, read, analyzed and studied the process. However, since I do not have the necessary capabilities or facilities for large-scale production, I have contacted numerous contract packers/private label distributors (“co-packers”) for the task. How many have returned a reply? None. Zero. Zilch. Probably because I don’t have a famous name like John Q. Celebrity, who slaps their name on every bowl, box or can of craptastic mediocrity and runs laughing to the bank. Granted there are some that are worth it, but, typically, it’s more like Famous Persons Overpriced Garbage.

I’ll let Tommy Callahan explain it further…



*WARNING:  SALES PITCH ALERT* A runner-up recipe in the 2008 Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest, there really is nothing on the market like our Lasagna Florentine Roll-Ups. They’re based on the 40+ year-old family lasagna recipe – which in our haughty, biased opinion is far superior to many, if not most, available major national brands. Likewise, most, if not all, currently available chili brands cannot compete in taste or texture to our three flavors. Far too often, they either are skimpy or, worse, soupy; ours are neither of these, filled with a balanced mix of natural ingredients including ground beef, beans, vegetables and spices. (At one Super Bowl party years ago, my fire chili recipe almost sent two people to the hospital from the spiciness but they continued eating…if that isn’t marketing gold, Mr. Draper, I don’t know what is!)

My point is to take note in buying quality brands – even if they’re generic store ones, some of which are competitively better – rather than following herd mentality because of the name on the brand. (And also that you should purchase my creative works today! *Not John Q. Celebrity endorsed* - sassafrasgazette.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html)
 

©2015 Steve Sagarra

No comments:

Post a Comment